Internet banking has gained much popularity as people can perform banking activities in the comforts of their home online. They don’t have to visit a bank and wait in long queues to transfer money. They can transfer money without using any physical cheques or cash. The number of people using online banking services is increasing because customers can do banking anytime, anywhere.
A mobile banking app further increases the convenience and swiftness of banking transactions online. The IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app helps you pay utility or credit card bills, shop, check account balances, and transfer funds online with a few clicks.
So, how about opening a savings bank account?
You can open a savings account online instantly without visiting a bank. You can open a general savings account, corporate salary account, or NRI savings account in minutes through easy steps on a mobile banking app. Before you start the process, you need the scanned copies of your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card ready.
To open a savings account, you need to:
- Download the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app from the Play Store or App Store on your smartphone. Once done, you can create a ‘Username’ by providing the customer ID, which you can find in the welcome kit, and account number. After that, create a ‘Password’. Now you can log into your mobile bank app using the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’.
- After the login process, provide your full name, email address, and mobile number.
- Enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Aadhaar Card or Voter ID details and upload the scanned copies of these documents for verification.
- Verify the one-time password (OTP) that you will receive on your registered mobile number to authenticate the documents.
- Fill out some personal details such as your full name, age, permanent address, occupational status, annual income, and other related information necessary to open an instant bank account. You can complete this process by clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your bank transfer applicationand supporting documents for an instant savings bank account are processed by the bank, and you will get a call for KYC verification through a video call. You will have to keep the original Aadhaar Card or Voter ID and PAN Card ready to confirm the details provided online.
After the verification, your savings account is set up, and you will receive an email or SMS giving the details such as the SB Account Number, Customer ID, and IFSC Code.
- Deposit or transfer funds in your bank account
- Confirm the name that you want to give on the debit card
Your instant savings account gets activated within a few hours, for the bank will take some time to run backend verification. You can start using your account immediately after activation by receiving or transferring funds, making bill payments, and recharging your mobile or DTH.
So, open an instant bank account on IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app and enjoy exciting benefits.